Thursday, November 12, 2015

Background Show Music Production

 

On the Cruise Ships I work with a live band.
My "Land" shows are backed up by computer driven music or MIDI.

This is my desktop music production studio.
The band is played by the sequencer shown on the computer screen. It's a little like a modern day player piano. The computer triggers what notes I've programmed at the right time.
Instrument selection, volumes, velocities, reverb and pan position are all written into the sequence one by one.
To the right is my sound module. There are over 1,000 sampled and synth instruments and 60 drum sets in that small box.
My small MIDI keyboard is played and the information recorded in real time on the computer.

Many entertainers buy their music pre-recorded. I'm not able to do this. My instrumentation, vocal range and original songs require custom, one-of-a-kind arrangements.
My show music may not be as polished as some pre-produced music, but they are all me!

No comments:

Post a Comment